Troy-Bilt 382cc Lawn Mower Review
If you’re tending a small-medium size yard and need some luxury as you nimble on the grass, then the Troy-Bilt 382cc Lawn Mower is worthy a long look
- The seat is adjustable to fit from small to XL people
- Much quieter and smoother than you expect.Steers easily
- Considering the size of the engine, the fuel usage is surprisingly minimal
- The clutch and controls are a little jerk
- The foot-rest area which is plastic and, though sturdy enough and formed with a non-skid pattern, is still slippery
We’ve all, at some point, required a lawn mower for the home yard, but the sheer number of options in the market left us stranded. Personally, I have gone out to purchase a mower, of course, after ‘extensive online research’ but ended up empty handed in the evening. If that has happened to you, don’t worry, you aren’t alone most of us have been walked the same path.
Yes, getting the right lawn mower isn’t easy, but with the right information and clear knowledge of your yard’s requirements, it becomes easier. As you hit the market, first know what you want, size of yard, source of power etc.
Depending on the size of your garden, it is possible to make the right choice out of the many options available. If you’re in the market for a lawn mower that will give your medium size garden a ‘new look’ each time you trim the grass, then the Troy-Bilt 382cc Lawn Mower should be at the top of your list.
Use and Maintenance
It comes with a set of features that will put a smile on the faces of many gardeners, including but not limited to a Powerful 420cc Single Troy-Bilt Engine with top forward speeds of 4.25 MPH and a 6-speed transmission.
The Troy-Bilt 420cc Premium Riding Lawn Mower with 30″ cutting deck couples the benefits of a standard riding lawn mower with the size of a wide cut walk behind mower. Easily stored in a garage or shed, this neighborhood mower is ideal for standard land owners with a medium sized landscape and relatively even terrain.
The powerful 420cc Troy-Bilt engine is built to last and provide clean performance. Fuel tank capacity includes a 1.3 gallon tank with a fuel sight window, which allows you to check gas levels. This riding mower features a 5 height adjustable blade with manual power take-off for easy and fast blade engagement.
Being a premium mower, comfort is also put into consideration here. For added comfort, the seat raises to mid-back and the steering wheel is a 13″ soft grip wheel and the steering column can be adjusted to the preferred height.
The Troy Bilt engine is a 420cc Powermore. It has a cast iron cylinder sleeve, pressure oiler and a screw on automotive type oil filter. Yes it’s made in China, but so are about 50% of the Briggs & Stratton.
The powermore has roller bearings on the crank-shaft and a smoother acting mechanical governor. Fuel shut off solenoid (prevents after boom) during shutdown. Dual circuit alternator allows for faster battery charging.
The 420cc is rated at 14.5hp to 15.5hp depending on the method used for calculation. Forged steel crankshaft making it stronger and more durable than cast iron.
If you change the mower to mulch from the grass being blown out the side, or vice versa, make sure the thumb screws are tight on the unit. There is an interlock switch at the base that will prevent the mower from starting if the unit is not properly secure. Another good feature.
- The seat is adjustable to fit from small to XL people
- Much quieter and smoother than you expect.
- Steers easily.
- Considering the size of the engine, the fuel usage is surprisingly minimal.
- It gives around 15 HP with this rated 420cc lawnmower.
- It’s a sturdy mower, turns on a dime, and mows beautifully.
- The mower rolls very easily in neutral gear.
- The turn radius is good; it’s not zero turn, but it makes nice sharp turns.
- It will not cut in reverse and there are safety features to prevent that.
- The crankshaft is forged steel, which makes this mower a beast. we know it will stand the test of time.
- Battery doesn’t lose power at all. I put it in choke, turn the key to start it and it cranks right up.
- The clutch and controls are a little jerky.
- The foot-rest area which is plastic and, though sturdy enough and formed with a non-skid pattern, is still slippery.
- The seat should come with 2 heavy-duty springs instead of one mediocre spring.
- On uneven areas in lawn, it can get very uncomfortable and bumpy.
- When putting the mower in Forward, the mower will abruptly speed off real fast.
- Tires are OK for flat surfaces, but do not have enough traction to overcome a 10-degree slope despite the manual’s declaration it will handle a 12-degree slope
If you’re tending a small-medium size yard and need some luxury as you nimble on the grass, then the Troy-Bilt 382cc Lawn Mower is worthy a long look. It’s an impressive grass cutter compared to most mowers in its price range, though you’ll be emptying the small bags often if you’d rather collect the clippings than mulch or just disperse them. The manual transmission translates to jerkier handling, though its overall maneuverability is just fine.
While the Troy-Bilt 382cc Lawn Mower does fine on a flat lawn, it feels unstable or even dangerous when called on to mow slopes. That’s typical for rear-engine riding mowers, however, and the manufacturer recommends not mowing on slopes if you feel uneasy doing so, and warns against mowing on any slope greater than 12 degrees.
However, if you reside in a sloppy area and need a riding mower that can work on most hilly, grassy areas, then, the Yard Machines 420cc 42-Inch Riding Lawn Mower is a recommendable choice. Plus, it comes with a 42-inch blade that allows you cut grass on a wider radius.
Camco 20 Ft (43051) Sidewinder RV Sewer Hose Support, Made From Sturdy Lightweight Plastic, Won't Creep Closed, Holds Hoses in Place - No Need for Straps
$37.20 in stock
3 used from $34.22