Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer Review
The Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer is the perfect way to ensure that your family enjoys more vegetables each day. It is designed in such a way that it can easily motivate you to take more vegetables. For instance, it can easily turn squash into “veggie pasta” or potatoes into spiral-cut fries. Other vegetables can be turned into decorative garnishes or thin slices for dehydration.
For the longest time, it I among the few sturdy slicers we’d had on our table, but with a very light profile. The manufacturer claims that it’s made of 100% BPA-free food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic with Japanese high carbon stainless steel blades. We can’t ascertain if it’s a marketing gimmick, but from what we are seeing, all we can say is that it looks quite strong and should cope with regular use and last for many years.
The Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer is easy to use and require very little in the way of effort. It has suckers on the underneath that keep it firmly stuck to the counter top. It comes with a recipe book which you have to down load as it’s an e-book. It also has an instruction manual although it isn’t that difficult to use.
What we liked about it
- Strong, sturdy but lightweight for daily use.
- Large number of long spikes on veg holder to hold vegetables firmly.
- Works great even for long and wide vegs (up to 10 inches long and 7 inches wide) without have to cut them into pieces
- Perfect for making spiral slices from firm fruits and vegetables like apples, onions, carrots, zucchinis, cucumbers etc.,
- Easy self-contained blade-storage.
- Easy to use, maintain and clean with strong suction cups for secure operation.
What we didn’t like about it
- The harder the vegetable, the more difficult it is for a first-timer, but this becomes easy with practice.It seems a little flimsy for hard veggies.
- It can slide on your work top if not firmly held by the suction cups.
Whether it is preparing gorgeous salads to impress your guests, making healthy raw veg pasta for your family or making garnishes to make your dinner plate into a gourmet masterpiece – with the Spiralizer 5-Blade Vegetable Slicer, you can do it all! As for me, it stands out as one of those rare items that makes you realize how good well designed products can be, however there are important things to note so as to get full value. It is a recommendable buy, especially for those who take vegetables seriously, or can as well be bought as gift for family or friend.
Paderno World Cuisine 3-Blade Vegetable Slicer / Spiralizer, Counter-Mounted and includes 3 Stainless Steel Blades
1 used from $89.95