O-Cedar Multi-Surface Push Broom Review
We have taken a long time researching and testing outdoor brooms and giving a long look at dozens more, we now have a pick for a broom that can satisfyingly sweep up all the little bits and pieces of crud on your driveway, decking, patio or garage floor. That is none other than O-Cedar Professional 24″ Multi-Surface Push Broom
The O-Cedar Multi-Surface Push Broom is the best option for your driveway, decking, patio, or garage floor. Its blend of stiff and soft bristles can handle fine particles and heavier debris, wet or dry. A unique fastener you won’t find on any of the competition means the head won’t detach from the handle while you’re sweeping.
The ultimate in outdoor push brooms, this multi-surface broom features a secure head, even during rough use. Its heavy-duty plastic block won’t crack, warp or mildew, while the Memory Bristles retain their shape for long-lasting sweeping performance.
The O’Cedar 24″ Multi-Surface Push Broom is the best all-around outdoor broom for the price. Its head has a mix of an inner core stiff bristles and an outer ring of soft bristles with two different types of tips, which can handle sand, leaves, gravel and pine needles on a variety of smooth and rough surfaces.
All the bristles are synthetic and can get wet without rotting. The metal handle is well-balanced for controlled, smooth sweeping.
But the head’s attachment to the handle is what really sets this broom apart—it’s a unique, beefy fastener that won’t spin out of its socket or break off mid-sweep a complaint you often see in competitor’s brooms. The 24” head is wide enough to clear great swaths of driveway, but the broom easily pivots to pursue errant leaves and candy wrappers.
- This push broom has soft outer bristles that sweep up fine dirt particles, while sturdy inner bristles sweep away large debris
- The 24″ Multi-Surface push broom features Maxi-Lok technology and anti-rotation socket so broom head never comes loose
- This broom is eco-friendly with broom block and bristles made of 80% recycled material
- This push broom model works great for garages, sidewalks, decks and other outdoor surfaces.
- Product dimensions 57.5x 6.5x 5 inches
- Product weight 15 pounds.
- This broom has two different size bristles so it gets different sizes of whatever increasing its efficiency.
- This broom is excellent for light snow up to 2″.
- It has a nice attachment feature for the handle. This broom’s handle won’t slip or twist.
- The handle does not unscrew itself.
- Can be used in a variety of surfaces from rough to smooth.
- Its main drawback? On wet surfaces it may be clogged but its something that is consistent across the board.
This wide, well-balanced broom has a blend of stiff and soft synthetic bristles that can handle fine particles and heavier debris, wet or dry—and its handle connects with a unique fastener that you won’t see in the competition and won’t come loose.
It is our perfect choice to do diverse chores and capable of handling varied sizes of swept materials. Its capability is proportional to the cost.
If you want to spend a little less, the Quickie 00528 18-Inch Bulldozer Push Broom Indoor/Outdoor is one of the more capable tools out there—in fact, on fine sand, wet leaves, and stray pine needles, it was the best sweeper in our test. It’s on the narrow side, so it’s light and maneuverable, but it’s a little slower than the O’Cedar when covering a lot of ground.
Both tools have a combination of stiff and soft synthetic bristles with two types of tips, which make them equally great for fine particles and bigger debris, wet or dry. The Quickie was almost our top choice for this guide, but there are a few too many users reporting its handle breaking for us to stand behind it as the main pick.
We highly recommend this broom for outdoor sweeping.