Instant Pot DUO60 Review
The Instant Pot DUO60 6 qt 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker is a beloved and affordable kitchen appliance that will easily replace most devices in your kitchen, including your oven. It comes in various sizes, and if you're after cooking accuracy, Instant Pot offers the Ultra model that gives you even better temperature control.
- Great safety features
- Makes many dishes reliably
- Lot of recipes available online
- Can feel like it has a steep learning curve at first
All of us have come across pressure cookers and thought they are the best of pressure cookers -then pops up the Instant Pot IP-DUO60 pressure cooker. A multi-purpose cooker for the kitchen, it can function as a slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker and food warmer.
Yes, it’s a 7-in-1 functional cooker with 14 built-in smart programs (Soup, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Multigrain, Slow Cook, Keep-Warm, Yogurt, and Pasteurize etc) that let you cook your favorite dishes with the press of a button. If you’re into trying cool appliances in your kitchen or in need of some advanced pressure cooker functions…this sounds like a safe bet.
The Instant Pot DUO60 6 qt 7-in-1 cooker comes with a 24-hour timer allows for delayed cooking. Automatic keep-warm holds the temperature of the food until you serve it. Instant Pot generates almost no noise and leaks no steam. It traps all the aromas in the food without heating up the kitchen. The 3-ply bottom stainless steel inner pot is extremely durable and leaves no health concerns of non-stick coating residual.
The new slim body design has smaller foot print and lid holders for both left and right handed users. It is the smaller sibling to the larger Instant Pot 8 Quart cooker with a larger capacity, ideal for big families. Still, both sport a brushed stainless steel exterior that doesn’t pick fingerprints as you use it in the kitchen.
Plus, its elegant and durable design makes it easy to clean and pleasurable to use for the years to come. IP-DUO uses the latest 3rd generation technology with an embedded microprocessor, which monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time and adjusts heating intensity. The cooking programs have been lab-tested hundreds of times for optimal effect. These greatly improve cooking result and maintain consistence.
Compared to other cookers in the market, the Instant Pot DUO60 is carefully designed to eliminate many common errors from causing harm or spoiling food. It passed the stringent UL certification giving you uncompromised safety and peace of mind and protects you with 10 proven safety mechanisms and patented technologies.
One thing we always insist in a pressure cooker is definitely its security features. For the longest time, pressure cookers have been known to be ticking time-bombs in kitchens. Not anymore. The Instant Pot IP-DUO60 is clad in a stainless steel setup and is certified by both UL and ULC, which set the industry standard for safe cooking in our kitchens.
Safety features on the Instant Pot DUO60 include: excess pressure protection, safety lid lock, automatic pressure control, automatic temperature control, high temperature warning, extreme temperature and power protection, leaky lid protection, anti-block vent, and pressure regulator protection. What’s more, there is a microprocessor embedded in the cooker that automatically monitors the pressure, temperature based on the set time, as well as adjusting pressure and cook time.
- Safety Lid Lock prevents accidental opening while cooker is pressurized.
- Pressure Regulator ensures working pressure is under the safety limit of 15.23 PSI.
- Leaky Lid Smart Detection (e.g. steam release is at open position).
- Anti-Blockage Vent prevents food debris from blocking the vent.
- Magnetic Sensor for Lid Position Detection monitors whether the lid is in an unsafe zone for pressure cooking.
- Automatic Pressure Control keeps pressure in a safe range.
- Excess Pressure Protection releases excess pressure into internal chamber in the event of a dangerous situation.
- Automatic Temperature Control regulates temperatures based on the type of program selected.
- High Temperature Monitoring prevents food from burning.
- Fuse Cuts off Power when electrical current or temperature exceeds safety limits.
In order to fit your lifestyle, the Instant Pot DUO60 offers programmable cooking options, whereby, it offers up to 24 hours of delayed cooking, and automatic keep warm for up to 10 hours. If you love trying new things and recipes, the Instant Pot DUO60 manual might be the best place to start, as it offers step-by-step instructions to get you started immediately.
For instance, with your Instant Pot, green peas, sweet corn and baby carrots can be steamed in 4 – 7 minutes, fresh or frozen. To make mashed potatoes, you don’t have to boil the potatoes in water and let nutrients leach into the water, simply steam them in Instant Pot for just 15 minutes. An entree of chili or Irish stew can be done within an hour without you watching over it.
The Instant Pot DUO60 6 qt 7-in-1 Pressure Cooker is a beloved and affordable kitchen appliance that will easily replace most devices in your kitchen, including your oven. It comes in various sizes, and if you’re after cooking accuracy, Instant Pot offers the Ultra model that gives you even better temperature control.
The Instant Pot cooker’s starting price of PRICE pits it against the likes of T-fal RK705851 10-in-1 Cooker and the Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker, but it still emerges top on a form-function basis. If you’re looking for a flexible kitchen appliance this season, the Instant Pot DUO60 offers value that’s hard to beat.
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- Best Selling Model: America’s most loved multi cooker, built with the latest 3rd generation technology, the microprocessor monitors pressure, temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heating intensity and duration to achieve desired results every time
- Cooks Fast & Saves Time: The Instant Pot Duo multi-cooker combines 7 appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker and warmer – and cooks up to 70% faster