AcuRite 01079 Pro Weather Station Review
The AcuRite 01079 Pro Weather Station is an easy device to set up made to give everything a fancy expensive weather station has to offer.
- The display is very easy to read and the "color" screen is clear and bright
- Attractive, bright, display, with AC adapter
- Five-in-one features (temperature, humidity, air pressure, wind speed and direction, rainfall)
- The unit needs to be connected back to a USB port to your computer to upload of the data
- Calibration for rainfall is a rather tedious task that I will do after I know the pressure is accurate
AcuRite (owned by Chaney Instrument Co.,) is one of the beast weather station selling companies. They have been manufacturing time temperatures among other weather products for many years, and now the recently launched weather stations upholds the company’s standards.
The AcuRite 01079 Pro Weather Station is an internet-connected device that can be connected to computers or smartphones via USB, thus, you can view your daily weather through the smartphone interface for both Android and iOS platforms.
Here are some features that make the AcuRite 01079 Pro totally unique in helping you plan your day to day, numerous activities like painting and coating, greenhouse farming etc. need to monitor weather conditions for optimum returns. It is very useful at homes where we need to fine tune the conditions for comfort.
Ease of use and Installation
Among the most important features to look out for in a weather station is ease of use and installation. The AcuRite 01079 Pro weather station is extremely easy to use, thanks to wide and easy control buttons that can even be used by inexperienced folks.
In fact, it is designed for easy viewing of indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity, rainfall, wind speed, wind direction, wind chill, weather forecast, heat index, dew point, barometric pressure, time and date.
Understandable and comprehensible data
The display stands upright for tabletop use and is wall-mountable. PC Connect for Windows plugs into your pc to provide your weather information in a data (csv) file, or online.
You can view your weather data from virtually anywhere on a smartphone, tablet or computer with the My AcuRite app or MyAcuRite.com website, or easily broadcast your weather on Weather Underground with Rapid Fire updates. AcuRite’s patented Self-Calibrating technology delivers dependable, personal forecasts of 12 to 24-hour weather conditions.
Accurate readings and forecast
The exclusive weather Ticker is an area on the display that automatically streams feels like conditions inside and outside your home, high and low records and other real-time weather information. It’s the best weather station for people who need accurate, reliable weather conditions at home and on-the-go.
Weather station display is powered by a 4.5V power adapter (included; recommended for optimal display color) or 3 AA alkaline batteries (optional; not included).
Internet Connectivity and Accessibility
PC Connect for Windows is a new way to access your weather data. AcuRite professional weather stations with PC Connect include a 5-in-1 weather sensor that measures the environmental conditions in your backyard. AcuRite weather stations with PC Connect can be used as a standalone weather station, can transfer data to a Windows PC, and can stream your weather online to websites like Weather Underground or My AcuRite.
The PC Connect System Requirements includes: Windows 8 / 7 or higher; Intel Dual-Core 1.6 GHz or higher, 1 GB RAM, Available USB port.
Focused Sensor Data Collection
Unlike regional weather predictions from sources like TV news or weather websites, AcuRite weather forecast products rely on sensors that collect organic data right in your back yard. AcuRite’s 5-in-1 sensor-based color weather stations for home track specific sets of weather related variables, including changes in temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure to generate a forecast with pinpoint accuracy personalized for your location. The sensor is wireless and simple to install.
What we liked
- The display is very easy to read and the “color” screen is clear and bright. Attractive, bright, display, with AC adapter.
- Five-in-one features (temperature, humidity, air pressure, wind speed and direction, rainfall).
- Appears to be somewhat accurate, with measurements similar to other instruments I have for temperature and humidity.
- Easy set-up and installation
- Rainfall is shown for today and also previous time periods.
What we didn’t like
- The outdoor sensor device has a solar panel but it is only to run an internal fan to suck in air for getting the temperature and humidity.
- Many wish it doesn’t take 4 “AA” batteries to run the outdoor sensor rather user direct power from the solar.
- The whole weather station is wireless and use MAC address but not compatible with directly communication with their smart phone app.
- The unit needs to be connected back to a USB port to your computer to upload of the data.
- Calibration for rainfall is a rather tedious task that I will do after I know the pressure is accurate.
The AcuRite 01079 Pro Weather Station is an easy device to set up made to give everything a fancy expensive weather station has to offer. It does all of the basics like temp for indoor/outdoor, raindrop and many more. Its high-precision 5-in-1 weather sensor measures five different conditions, including rainfall, wind speed and wind direction, outdoor temperature and humidity, giving you comprehensive data about the elements surrounding your home. It stands out as one of those devices that you use to monitor the weather sequence to with great accuracy, making it a recommendable purchase.